[DWJ] Mediocre fantasy serieses (was Titles (was

Juliette Curtis juliette at harvestroad.com
Wed Jun 14 00:07:55 EDT 2006

What's the literary equivalent of "getting bums on seats". "Getting
books into hands"?  Sometimes it seems that marketing overrides ethics
and professional standards.

(Apologies to the many very ethical and highly professional marketing
people who adore DWJ and read this list. I have suffered in my past
professsional life because of marketing people whose tactics I disliked
(with past employers only -- not my current employer) and get way too
many phone calls at dinner time from people who are trying to sell me
telephone services. It has left me with a jaundiced view of marketing in
general.)