[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Jun 13 22:01:08 EDT 2006

On 14/6/06 11:58 AM, "Roslyn" <rosgross at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Jadwiga wrote:
>
>> _Jude the Obscure_
>
> Haven't read the book, but I did see the film, and that is indeed a film I
> could have done without seeing - the most depressing film I've ever seen (or
> that I can think of at the moment!).

"Breaking the Waves" is the single most depressing, dismaying, horrible film
I have ever seen in my life. It holds the record of being the only film I
truly do wish I could wipe from my memory banks (except, as someone else
pointed out, not at the risk of then seeing it again...) Can't think of any
book about which I can say the same (although I would like back the 10
minutes I spent on Madonna's "The English Roses").

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Assistant Editor (Acting)