[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Roslyn rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 13 21:50:06 EDT 2006

Irina wrote:

> This is the only book of hers that I've read, and people (on this list,
> among other places) have been warning me that most of the rest is
> pessimistic and/or polemic in the same way (though not in as large a
> measure) so I haven't tried any others.

_The Fresco_ , while still polemical, is very funny and clever, I think, and
actually feels quite optimistic (IIRC - it's been a while since I read it).
I haven't read anything else by her, though, except _Beauty_. I didn't mind
the fairy-tale mish-mash that much, but I do agree about the painfully
pessimistic way it developed and the weird ending!

Ros