[DWJ] Re-Not writing ones own books

sodgers at iinet.net.au sodgers at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 13 20:01:25 EDT 2006

Minnow said:
>What I have always wondered, though, is: if someone else writes the book,
>and the Big Name Author is the only one whose name goes onto the cover and
>into the copyright bit, what (apart from money) is in it for the someone
>else?  It isn't going to help to Make One's Name, not being mentioned as
>having written a book.  Is it just a way in to a publisher?

The money is handy, Minnow, and often opens the door to other work. Mind you,
I once co-wrote a book with a non-existent author the publisher had invented.

And then there was the editor, Madeline Kinhill, who didn;t exist either. She
was cover-featured just so the book (horror stories) would be shelved next to
Stephen King.

Sallyo.