[DWJ] Co writing (lost track of what it "was").

sodgers at iinet.net.au sodgers at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 13 19:52:37 EDT 2006

Quoting dwj-request at suberic.net:
> From: "Dorian E. Gray" <israfel at eircom.net>
>
> (But, ugh, I'd hate to get stuck writing a story I didn't like.  Didn't the
> contract have the division of labour in it?  Or would you have been okay
> doing it if you'd actually liked the story?)

I've done some spin-off writing and series writing, and I really don't like
using other people's characters and settings (that's why fan-fic has never
tempted me from a writing POV). One of the few commissions I really failed
with was a book where the characters and setting had been mapped out... white
bread three-girls-13 y-o with "safe" boys... I couldn't get my head around it,
because it was so utterly UNLIKE anything I would invent. It had netball in
it.

ODWJM - I wouldn't fanfic DWJ either, though her inventions are much more my
sort of thing.