[DWJ] Bujold/Cordelia (was Titles(was London Meet))

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Tue Jun 13 19:16:22 EDT 2006

> Oh, all right, all right. I am _really_ as apolitical as Cordelia
> _pretends_ to be, ok?
Jumping on my own post here - "pretends" wasn't the right word and it's
been bothering me ever since I hit the "send" button. (It's that
compulsive cleaning-up streak again.)

Granted that Cordelia functions extremely well inside Barrayar's
convoluted politics, I betcha she would describe herself as
apolitical..and mean it. I think she regards the whole Barrayaran system
as some kind of mass hallucination and considers herself successful as
an outsider/scientist analyzing the hallucination rather than as a
member of the political system acting within it.

So I probably should have written "as apolitical as Cordelia believes
herself to be."

As for the kind of mass hallucination which leads people to discuss
fictional characters as if they were real people....let's not get into
that right now, eh?

--
-Margaret Ball
www.flameweaver.com