[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue Jun 13 18:32:58 EDT 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Elizabeth Bentley wrote:

> I haven't read Good Omens myself, but was told by my Pratchett and
> Gaiman-graphic-novel addicted daughter, that together they work much
> less well than separately. In fact, she has come to the conclusion that
> Gaiman is much less good at novels than at graphic novels. Of course we
> disagree on lots of books as well agree on lots of others.

I find Gaiman often far too dark for me--I do like Neverwhere, but I wish
I'd written down the quotes from American Gods that really resonated with
me, because I never want to read it again.

I do like Pratchett, even though I've gotten stalled on my "read all of
Pratchett" goal. But I love Good Omens. Practically everyone I know who's
read it was hysterical with laughter the first time they read it. It gets
less laugh-out-loud funny each subsequent time, but it's still quality.