[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Tue Jun 13 18:29:21 EDT 2006

On 13/6/06 01:08, "sally at sallyodgers.com" <sally at sallyodgers.com> wrote:

> Otter Perry writes:
>
>> Saggy bits, indeed!  _Good Omens_ is much better than _Tam
>> Lin_ and I'm a big fan of _Tam Lin_.
>
> OK, not saggy bits then. However, some of the passages ourely about the Them
> seem to drag a bit, just as bits of Tam Lin at the end seem to scramble in a
> "Let's be done wi' this!" kind of way.

I haven't read Good Omens myself, but was told by my Pratchett and
Gaiman-graphic-novel addicted daughter, that together they work much less
well than separately. In fact, she has come to the conclusion that Gaiman is
much less good at novels than at graphic novels. Of course we disagree on
lots of books as well agree on lots of others.

EB
Elizabeth Bentley
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com