[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Jun 13 13:49:53 EDT 2006

Sallyo said...

> Dorian E. Gray writes:
> What an infuriating book!  I thought I was going to
>> get a nice fairy-tale retelling fantasy story.  What I got was a
>> mish-mash of several fairy-tale retellings
>
> There's one called Donkeyskin... or some such. Have to look up the
> author... well known. Um, Robin McKinley? Yes, I think so.

Oh, but I love that book (it's called "Deerskin", btw, based on the
fairy-tale "Donkeyskin")!

> Not nice.

No, it's not nice...but it's not nasty, either.  There is a very horrible
episode early in the book, which drives the rest of the plot.  But
ultimately I think it's a very hopeful book, and very well written.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"Worst fears realised darling Seth and Rueben too send gumboots."
- Stella Gibbons, "Cold Comfort Farm"