[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Jun 13 12:56:23 EDT 2006

On Tuesday, June 13, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Paul Andinach wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Otter Perry wrote:
>
>> Farce is an excellent description of the end of Hamlet, too.
>
> I think it was Terry Pratchett (although he was probably not the
> first) who remarked that the plot of 'Romeo and Juliet' would do very
> well for a comedy, apart from the bit about it not all turning out all
> right in the end.

[I'm assuming you've seen "Shakespeare in Love"?  Romeo and
Ethel, the Pirate's Daughter?]

And I hope that somebody here has noticed the aristocratic
Ankh-Morpork families, the Selachii and the Venturi?

He's had that Romeo and Juliet story up his sleeve for
so long that I don't know whether he'll ever write it.  But
he had William de Worde up his sleeve long before he
wrote _the Truth_, so maybe he will.

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have
those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of
speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence to
practice neither.

  -Mark Twain