[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 13 10:20:11 EDT 2006

I think the criticism of WH is a leetle harsh. But I can see the pov
that it is horrible if you are reading it for enjoyment and as if it is
a more modern novel; I don't think that's a reasonable comparison, and
if that was your expectation, I can see how you would be annoyed by it.
Having said that, it's a great book to teach because there are lots of
great elements in it that you can pull out and discuss. Lots of books we
all like go horribly in the classroom, as I think has been mentioned
before. I wouldn't call it a "bad book" and compare it to the likes of,
say, Killashandra, which is indeed a dire book.

robyn