[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 13 09:44:21 EDT 2006

Deborah wrote:
> You know, farce is an excellent description for DWJ's wind
> up, wind up, and then the whole cast of characters appears at
> once and all the mistaken/hidden identites are revealed.
> That's pretty much the right comic style, right?  And it
> happens even in her more serious books, such as F&H.

Another comic genre that I've just thought of that does this sometimes
is opera buffe.
Are there non-comic genres where this is a common trope, or other
authors who've used it repeatedly? I can't think of any, in a period of
serious head-scratching study of, ooh, literally seconds.

Hamlet would be pretty much down the "black farce" end of things, I
think...!
Jennifer