[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Jun 13 09:00:40 EDT 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:
|(though yes, I do find the climax to Tam Lin isn't as... climaxy... as
|DWJ's fast-paced endings.) Actually, having been to a farce this week,
|maybe DWJ's endings are quite like that- setup, setup, setup, moving
|faster and faster until it's wound up as hard as it can get and
|everything has to explode at once. Then maybe one more scene to tidy up
|the loose ends and you're out of the theatre with your head buzzing.

You know, farce is an excellent description for DWJ's wind up,
wind up, and then the whole cast of characters appears at once and
all the mistaken/hidden identites are revealed.  That's pretty
much the right comic style, right?  And it happens even in her
more serious books, such as F&H.

*ponders*

-deborah
--
"Tai Chi works wonders when I feel like killing things.
Of course, so does actually killing things."