[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Jun 13 09:01:15 EDT 2006

On Monday, June 12, 2006, at 06:28 PM, Judith Ridge wrote:

> On 12/6/06 3:53 PM, "Irina Rempt" <irina at valdyas.org> wrote:
>
>> On Monday 12 June 2006 06:52, Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:
>>
>>>   Anyone else got books they WISH they had never read?
>>
>> Oh yes, Sheri Tepper's _Beauty_ <shudder>.
>>
>>    Irina
>
> Ooh, why? (Haven't read it myself, but it's on the list...)
>
> Judith

It's horrible, as I remember it.  It put me off Sheri Tepper's
stuff for a long time because it's the first one I read.  My
sister talked me into reading it.

It's not badly written, but it's very unpleasant.

Later I started with something different.  _Gibbon's Decline
and Fall_, maybe.  Anyway, I've read quite a bit of Tepper
now, but I've never been tempted to reread _Beauty_.

The mome rath isn't born that could
outgrabe me.