[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 13 05:23:22 EDT 2006

> Margaret Ball writes:
> >> The feeling it gives me is not so much "Let's be done with
> >> this" as "OMG, I've written 450 pp and haven't started on the plot
yet."

Sallyo wrote:
> Exactly. All that leisurely set up for what should have been
> a huge climax... and it all just slips by in a few pages.
> Wha'???

*cough*DWJ*cough*...

(though yes, I do find the climax to Tam Lin isn't as... climaxy... as
DWJ's fast-paced endings.) Actually, having been to a farce this week,
maybe DWJ's endings are quite like that- setup, setup, setup, moving
faster and faster until it's wound up as hard as it can get and
everything has to explode at once. Then maybe one more scene to tidy up
the loose ends and you're out of the theatre with your head buzzing.
Jennifer