[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 13 01:27:07 EDT 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:

>   I have a love/hate relationship with Lackey's books.  I love the
> concept of Valdemar and the way magic works there, and I enjoy her
> characters although I feel they're slightly one-dimentional; but her
> writing skills -- or rather lack thereof -- drive me nuts.  I think
> she was born to be a storyteller, but not necessarily a writer.

She's quite a good storyteller, from what I remember of her most
recent Guest of Honour appearance in this vicinity. (I don't remember
much of that side of the convention, though, since at the time I
generally found more interesting things to be doing than basking in
the presence of an author whose works I had failed to get along with.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."