[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 12 08:13:03 EDT 2006

Sallyo wrote:
> I've always thought "Do what you're afraid to do" was very
> stupid advice.
> Much of what we are afraid to do is either dangerous or
> illegal, anyway.

To be fair to the wretched tome, I don't think it was so much advocating
"Do what you're afraid to do" as "Don't let being afraid stop you doing
what you want or need to do", which is a different thing. But yes, I
have heard "If you're frightened of something, then you need to push
yourself and do it", which is pretty gormless. I've got this fear that
if I break a leg it'll hurt...
Jennifer