[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 12 05:50:24 EDT 2006

Sallyo wrote:
> Anyone else got books they WISH they had never read?

I've got one that I both wish I'd never read and am proud that I
haven't... Someone (I  no longer remember who) recommended "Feel the
fear and do it anyway" to me when I was trying to decide what to do
after university. It remains the only book I've ever actually flung with
great force, on about page six after some bit of advice that was (the
killer) *both* stupid *and* delivered in an enormously patronising, "if
only you were clever enough to have thought of this on your own" way. So
I wish I hadn't read even six pages and am proud, arrogant even, about
not reading the rest.

As for real books, I liked one of Val McDermid's mystery series (the
Kate Brannigan books) so when I saw a book by her in the library I got
it out. I hadn't realised that her new series was about serial killers.
This was years ago, and one very lovingly detailed murder scene still
sticks unpleasantly in my memory. Wish I hadn't gone near that one.
Jennifer