[DWJ] TdVC

sally at sallyodgers.com sally at sallyodgers.com
Mon Jun 12 03:02:23 EDT 2006

Elizabeth G. Holtrop writes:

> That's probably a good way to describe a lot of the books that make it to the best-seller lists for no apparant reason.
>
>   E.

I've sometimes thought someone who doesn't read a lot gets hold of a best
seller on someone's rec and is blown away because s/he doesn't understand
how books should be.

There's another discussion of lit Vs pop fiction on one of my lists at
present. It makes me tired. Wot - you can;t have plot AND character? You
can't have a happy ending AND style?

Someone better tell DWJ she's impossible, a stylistic equiv. of the bumble
bee...