Mr Pratchett. (was TdVC was Re: [DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 11 14:39:12 EDT 2006

You can get lots of Nigel Planer's readings of Pratchett on Audible.com
(there's www.audible.com and www.audible.co.uk). Pratchett's books are
heaps more expensive than a lot of the other things on Audible, but if
you subscribe (which costs about $20 US a month from the US site), then
you get 2 credits a month, and that gets you 2 Pratchetts per month,
which I thought was really very reasonable. They have some other great
stuff, too. Unfortunately, from the Fifth Elephant on, the Pratchetts
are read by Stephen Briggs and he really isn't anything like as good.
Reads a bit too fast, for one thing. I am currently listening to Paladin
of Souls which is read by an excellent woman.

This sounds like a huge ad, I know, but Audible is great. If you don't
have an ipod, you can get a free ipod shuffle by subscribing, too.

Robyn