[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Jun 9 19:37:40 EDT 2006

>> *ahem*
>>

>> Paul
>Okay, okay, but how many people _off this list_ have retained their purity?
>
>--
>-Margaret Ball

Starting from the other end: who on this list *has* read TdVC all the way
through?

And would they have done it if the title had been "The of Vinci Code"?  "da
Vinci" isn't a name, it's a description, after all.  I gather that's about
on a par with the general standard of the writing, from what has been said
here by those of us who have embarked on this tome and then abandoned it,
though, so probably it wouldn't put anyone off if they were going to read
the thing.

G'wan, tell us, why should we read a copy if we have it thrust our way?
What's the attraction of the thing-itself, as opposed to the hype and the
finding out what the fuss is about?

Minnow