[DWJ] Titles

LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au
Thu Jun 8 18:59:05 EDT 2006

Hi Sally,

Unfortunately I'm not in a great position to give you advice on this one,
as my mother and i have both been commissioned by Black Dog. Mum wrote
their very first trade books about 10 years ago, and has won a bunch of
awards for them, so they love her. Me, I'm just lucky. I suppose like any
publisher they are always swamped with manuscripts, and it's always hard to
pick out the gems (which I'm sure yours is!) from the slush. That said, a
year is a very long time...

Actually, I think Andrew just wrote something about it on his blog.

http://andrewblackdog.blogspot.com/

warning: it's a bit harsh.

lili

Lili Wilkinson
Web Project Manager & Event Coordinator
Centre for Youth Literature
State Library of Victoria
328 Swanston Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
PH: 03 86647014
FAX: 03 96394143
http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/readalert/
http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/youthlit/

             sally at sallyodgers
             .com
             dwj-bounces at suber         Diana Wynne Jones <dwj at suberic.net>
             ic.net                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/06/2006 02:00          Re: [DWJ] Titles

             Please respond to
             Diana Wynne Jones
             <dwj at suberic.net>

>> the Spanish translation of my mum's book, Garden of the
>> Purple Dragon.

Black Dog Books? If it isn;t a rude question (OK, even if it is...) how
long
did they keep her manuscript before replying? They've had one of mine for
over a year and counting...

Sally O.