[DWJ] London Meet

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Thu Jun 8 13:16:57 EDT 2006

Wow! ;)

  E.

sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:  Elizabeth G. Holtrop writes:

>  I'm pretty sure illustrators don't usually see the ms, even if they  wanted to. I feel bad for the artists sometimes; surely they'd like it  if their pictures better matched the stories. Then again, some cover  pics really look like the artist ought to find another vocation.

Shudder. I have some REALLY magical pics for my upcoming picture book. The
unicorn and centaur pics I've seen so far are actually addressing the
muscles they'd need to support heavier-than-usual front ends.

Have a look at http://sallyodgers.50megs.com/fantasticcreatures.htm if you
like. There's a handsome green dragon for the cover, but I haven;t seen a
finished pic of him yet.

Sallyo