[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Jun 8 12:31:18 EDT 2006

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Margaret Ball wrote:

> Okay, okay, but how many people _off this list_ have retained their purity?
>
> --
> -Margaret Ball
> www.flameweaver.com

Recently, a friend of mine asked over the internet whether he should read
the book for cultural literacy purposes, and all of his friends chimed in
to say that they had never read it and never intended to and he should not
read it, either.

On the other hand, my Korean dentist's first question, upon hearing that I
had majored in English, was whether I had read _The DaVinci Code_, which
she'd apparently read in Korean translation and adored.  I have to admit,
I thought that it was kind of cute that this was the first thing that came
to her mind on thinking of literature in English ;-).

						---Kyra

---
"I wish that I could sing. / I'd stay in a melody. / I would float along
in my everlasting song."
			---Stuart Murdoch, "Act of the Apostle, Part 1"