[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Thu Jun 8 07:02:24 EDT 2006

At 08:43 PM 8/06/2006, Roger Burton West wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 09:44:28PM -0500, Margaret Ball wrote:
>
> >Okay, okay, but how many people _off this list_ have retained their purity?
>
>Probably more than half of the people I know face-to-face. (Including
>me.)

Most of the people I know face-to-face haven't read it, but neither have
they read any other book in recent years!

But enough people had read Da Vinci Code to convince me to read it - I
didn't think it was much worse than other thriller books that I have
occasionally read. It wasn't great but did talk about paintings which I
always like. I doubt I'd have disliked it as much (or even remembered it as
much) if it hadn't done so well and been in the media so much.

Emma