[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Jun 7 16:27:27 EDT 2006

On Wednesday, June 7, 2006, at 11:45 AM, Margaret Ball wrote:

> But then, your publishers probably don't want marketing feedback
>  from the only living person in the English-speaking world who
> hasn't read "The DaVinci Code."

I believe you should treasure your status.*  The only reason I
read it is that I had reason to suspect Terry Pratchett was
alluding to it in _Thud!_.  And I complained to my sister and
my best friend the whole time.  It's awful.  Just awful.  I don't
have words for how awful it is.

Speaking of much better books, I was able to connect
with a paperback copy of _The Shadow Gate_, which
I enjoyed a lot.  Unfortunately it's long enough ago that
I've forgotten some essential stuff.  But it seemed to me
there were some -- well, not anti-Tolkien ... more, get-
REAL-Mr. Tolkien --- moments, particularly a refusal to
let the elves discuss something.  I _loved_ that.

*I treasure my status as the only person of my generation
who neither read nor saw _Love Story_.