[DWJ] Titles (was London Meet)

sally at sallyodgers.com sally at sallyodgers.com
Tue Jun 6 22:39:33 EDT 2006

Charles Butler writes:
>   But titles do seem to be more of a cooperative enterprise, altogether. It's not just editors, marketing people get involved too (as I know to my cost).

Margaret and Charlie, what are some of your titles that have been changed?
Just curious.

I can offer-
The Calf and the Chemistry Set, published as The Magician's Box
The McCrystals and Martin, pubbed as Welcome to the Weirdie Club
Three in a Bed, pubbed as The Portal
Dangerous Lovers: Sweet and Sour, pubbed as Dangerous Lovers; Roses and
Thorns
The Kitchen Visitor, pubbed as Sweetwater Surprise
Pirry Pirimba, pubbed as Shadowdancers
Knight Errand, pubbed as Knight Protector (publisher didn't think anyone
would get the original pun.)
UFO - pubbed as Aurora.

Other titles I didn't think I'd get away with, were used... weird, that!