[DWJ] London Meet

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Tue Jun 6 07:45:42 EDT 2006

> Amongst other things we have been discussing title translations, and I
> complained about the strange covers that A Sudden Wild Magic and Deep
> Secret have in Germany. Here they are in all their glory, and maybe
> you'll unterstand why I wondered if those books were sequels when I
> first saw them:
>
> http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/340420378X.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
>
> http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/3404203682.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
>
> Also, I have to admit I got the translated titles wrong, ASWM is (very
> hard to remember...) "And suddenly there was wild magic", DS is "A
> Question of Balance".

I quite like the cover for Sudden Wild Magic (and the title isn't too
bad either!)  But I did think "But Todd doesn't look a bit like that!"
when I saw it.

On the other hand, if I saw a DWJ book with a title translated as "a
Question of Balance" I would automatically assume it was Hexwood.  And
that cover doesn't give any help one way or the other...

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432