[DWJ] London meet

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Tue Jun 6 04:59:14 EDT 2006

Jennifer commented:

> Did anybody look like my mental images of them? Of course not. (One of
> those moments when you realise that you've formed mental images to
> begin with!)

Oh, absolutely.  No-one, not even Hallie (whom I'd met) or Charlie or
Kylie (whom I thought I could remember from pictures) looked like my
mental images.  Only one person (whom I sha'n't name) looked like my
mental image, but smaller and a lot thinner.

> The Museum wasn't bad as a place to meet- central, easy to find,
> interesting in itself.

True, although I walk around the Great Court three times carrying a copy
of Mardy Watt before I managed to join the goup...

> I was sorry to leave. Talking to fans is fun. I've never been a
> congoer, but am seriously considering Eastercon next year.

That's con-goer, not congo-er?

I agree totally.  Now I am no longer playing regularly on the church
organ, I might manage it.  As organist, I had no hope of getting to an
Eastercon!  I tried to get to Wincon the year of the eclipse (1999?
yes.  Goodness, something that actually happened in 1999!)  I went to
Devon for the eclipse, and then had to come home to play the organ at a
friend's wedding instead of going to Wincon :-( :-( :-(  DWJ was guest
of honour, too...

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432