[DWJ] Re: Pizza toppings

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sat Jul 29 08:39:34 EDT 2006

On Saturday 29 July 2006 09:45, Elizabeth Bentley wrote:
> On 28/7/06 06:11, "Irina Rempt" <irina at valdyas.org> wrote:

[pizza dough]

> > What
> > went wrong with yours?
>
> It was actually my husband making it and was extremely wet and gooey!

More flour would probably have solved the problem, or less water to
start with. I was making some dough anyway so I measured: about half
the weight of water to flour (half a pint of water for a pound of
flour) makes a stiffish dough, and you can adjust it with some more oil
and/or water if it's too stiff to handle.

Alternately, make half the amount of dough that you think you'll need,
nice and gooey, then let it rise and knead it with enough flour to give
it the right structure.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005