[DWJ] Prettybread maybe? (was Re: Pizza toppings)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sat Jul 29 06:09:10 EDT 2006

Bettina said...

>>>I recognised pretty-bread instantly from the description in TMC!  It's
>>>something that my mother has taken to making in the last couple of years
>>>(only I can't remember what she said it's called, though I think it
>>>begins
>>>with F).  Anyway, it's basically a pizza base with things like halved
>>>cherry
>>>tomatoes and olives pressed into the top and a little goat's cheese
>>>grated
>>>over, and then baked.
>
> Foccacia? Or Fougasse (sp?)

Foccacia!  That was the word!  Thank you.  Pretty-bread is foccacia.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"I will not trust you, I,
Nor longer stay in your curst company.
Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray;
My legs are longer though to run away."
-Wm. Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"