Cryptonomicon (was Re: [DWJ] Pratchett Convert)--corrected post

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Jul 28 19:21:33 EDT 2006

On Jul 28, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> One of the things I hear from people sometimes is
> how we're living in the very worst and most depraved of times ever.
> In some
> ways, that may be right, but when you talk about violence and war and
> sexual
> depravity, there's nothing our ancestors haven't done more frequently
> and
> worse than us.  And yet they were still people.

One of the interesting things about taking a course
in early Medieval history was reading a translation
of _The History of the Franks_ by Gregory of Tours.

It made me very glad that I lived [at the time] in
the twentieth century.  It makes me glad I live in
the twenty-first century  now.

The only jobs for which no man is qualified are human
incubator and wet nurse. Likewise, the only job for
which no women is or can be qualified is sperm donor.

                             --  Wilma Scott Heide