[DWJ] Prettybread maybe? (was Re: Pizza toppings)

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Jul 28 17:57:28 EDT 2006

>Minnow said...
>
>> She says pretty-bread is "a more palatable and interesting alternative to
>> pizza", but she doesn't have the recipe.

Dorian exclaimed:

>I recognised pretty-bread instantly from the description in TMC!  It's
>something that my mother has taken to making in the last couple of years
>(only I can't remember what she said it's called, though I think it begins
>with F).  Anyway, it's basically a pizza base with things like halved cherry
>tomatoes and olives pressed into the top and a little goat's cheese grated
>over, and then baked.

The important thing about prettybread (from the description in Nick, 9,1)
seems to be that it has "onions and things" baked *into* it, not just
spread on the top the way a pizza has them.  Onion-bread dough (or
onion-and-other-things bread dough) used as a base for a "fat pizza",
perhaps?

>I find it quite dull, myself, but I'm convinced that this is what
>pretty-bread is. :-)

Maybe if it had the onions-and-things baked into the base it would be more
interesting?  :-)

Minnow