[DWJ] Re: Pizza toppings

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Jul 28 09:30:50 EDT 2006

Kylie:

>I make a scone dough base.  It's easy, you don't have to wait for
>anything to rise, and it's the nices pizza base I've ever had cold.

I've done that too, and it is nice.  But I like making dough from
scratch - it kind of makes me feel as if I'm meditating and
exercising at the same time - while making food.  Win-win-win.  And I
can make it whole wheat and still tasty too!

But usually when I make pizza dough, I top with tapenade, roasted red
peppers, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves.  When I use a bought base
it's nearly always tomato sauce and cheese, for some reason.

Never had pickled garlic - sounds awfully good!

Hallie