[DWJ] Re: Pizza toppings

LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au LWilkinson at slv.vic.gov.au
Thu Jul 27 20:41:15 EDT 2006

Yes! Japanese pizzas are BIZARRE. Mayonnaise, tinned corn, tinned tuna,
seaweed. All on a strange puff-pastry kind of thin crust.

One of the things that i will NEVER understand about the US/Australia
divide (or possibly US/everywhere else), is the Marinara thing.

In the US, marinara means tomato sauce (we would perhaps call it
Napolitan?).

Here, marinara is seafood with garlicky goodness and usually parsley. (you
know, MARINE-ara?)

I wonder how that happened...

(my super healthy salad and corn-thins are seeming extremely unappetising
now)

Lili Wilkinson
Web Project Manager & Event Coordinator
Centre for Youth Literature