[DWJ] Re: Pizza toppings

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Jul 27 17:45:58 EDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Roger Burton West wrote:
|On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 07:36:06AM +1000, Emma Comerford wrote:
|
|>Is Chicago style pizza a calzone? See this is why I love the list, I find out
|>important stuff about the world :)
|
|My understanding is that "Chicago style" is with lots more toppings than
|the authentic Italian type. Personally I go a little further,
|approximately "axle-deep" (on the cutting wheel)...

It's a crust thing.  Chicago-style is a deep dish bready crust
(Pizzeria Uno, if you've ever seen one).  Greek pizza can be
quite good except for the flaky oily crust.  I like a classic
Italian thin crust with red sauce.

In college one year we kept the pizza boxes stacked in the suite
common room. Over the course of a year, the stack of pizza boxes
reached to the ceiling -- twice. I used to joke that I wasn't
feeling well if I had too much blood in my pizzastream.

Mmm, hungry.

-deborah
--
Wes: "My gypsy curse sometimes prevent me from seeing the truth.  Oh, Buffy!"
Cordy: "Yes, Angel?"