[DWJ] Re: Pizza toppings

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Jul 27 11:06:00 EDT 2006

On Jul 27, 2006, at 6:05 AM, Roger Burton West wrote:

> A pizza takes longer to make than standard take-away, so initially it
> tended to be available in restaurants rather than fast-food places.
> Even
> with a conveyor-belt pizza oven, it can't beat fish-and-chips or the
> other standards for convenience over the counter - and certainly not a
> burger joint, which has actually been _designed_ for fast service. The
> only exception is the "pizza by the slice" that one sometimes sees in
> town, where it's been made well in advance and kept hot.

Here in SW Colorado we have a store -- part of a chain --
called Papa Murphy's.  They make your pizza fresh, but they
don't bake it.  You go pick it up and put it in your own
oven.  They're less expensive than the places that deliver
and the pizzas are very, very good.

They do a Chicago-style stuffed pizza that we frequently
resort to when my partner doesn't feel like cooking.

-----

Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond
the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's
service when it is violating all his laws.

    - John Adams