[DWJ] Re: Pizza toppings

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Thu Jul 27 06:12:21 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 11:23:03AM +0200, liril at gmx.net wrote:

>Most amazing topping I've ever seen on a Menue: Pizza Doener - Pizza
>with Doener, the Turkish "version" of gyros (in case you don't know
>that). Doener, bits of grilled meat in a bun, with salad, tomatoes,
>onions, spices,yogurth sauce is very nice. But with tomatoe sauce and
>cheese on a pizza? <shudder>

In the UK at least, generally known as "doner meat". Works very nicely
if you happen to like the constituents.

Personally I'll stick with the sei agli pizza I make from time to time:
garlic salt in the pizza-dough, fresh garlic, garlic professionally
pickled, garlic pickled by me, smoked garlic, and garlic sausage.