[DWJ] Re: Pizza toppings

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Thu Jul 27 05:23:03 EDT 2006

FOOD THREAD!!!

Hehe.

Thought about that, too. Reminds me of the London meet, where part of the general "getting warm with each other" was talking about food. About five minutes after we all met :-) That's best ObDWJ I can come up with, sorry...

I wanted to add, from the German perspective, that pineapple is a common topping here, too (as in Pizza Hawaii), and that I find it shocking :-)

Broccoli I know from Pizza Hut, beet root and sweet potatoe I've never heard about. As I'm a "pizza purist", I wouldn't be likely to try it.

Most amazing topping I've ever seen on a Menue: Pizza Doener - Pizza with Doener, the Turkish "version" of gyros (in case you don't know that). Doener, bits of grilled meat in a bun, with salad, tomatoes, onions, spices,yogurth sauce is very nice. But with tomatoe sauce and cheese on a pizza? <shudder>

Bettina