[DWJ] Pratchett News, lurker peeks out, etc etc

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Wed Jul 26 22:42:44 EDT 2006

On 27/7/06 11:53 AM, "deborah.dwj at suberic.net" <deborah.dwj at suberic.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Judith Ridge wrote:
> |I blogged about "Magic or Madness" back in December, for what it's worth:
> |
> |http://www.misrule.com.au/serendipity/archives/304_More_December_Reading.htm
>
> I thought M or M was okay.  I was thrown off by how forced the
> culture shock felt.  Americans would not, as a whole, react so
> badly to the word Mum or the concept of pineapple on pizza,

Actually, I had one or two Americans email me to ask if we really did eat
pizza with pineapple (and the other toppings Larbalestier refers to)!

I liked a lot about M&M, but I do wish the book delved more deeply into the
nature of the magic possessed by the grandmother and her New York nemesis.

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Assistant Editor (Acting)