[DWJ] Pratchett News

Tue Jul 25 22:28:18 EDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:06:06 -0600, O.Elizabeth Perry wrote:

>On Jul 25, 2006, at 6:50 PM, Judith Ridge wrote:
>

>> While we're on the subject, there's a new Tiffany Aching novel due out
>> later
>> this year: Wintersmith (out in the US in autumn, not sure about
>> elsewhere).
>
>They are published in the USA, UK, and Canada at pretty much
>the same time now.  Possibly _exactly_ the same time.

Yeah, it's like a day's difference and they ship at the same time anyway.
Though last year, I found _Thud!_ in Media Play a full week before the
official publication date.  And then I suffered existential angst because
I'd already ordered it--do I just buy a copy and return the other?  Or
suffer until it gets here?  Fortunately my husband has better sense than I,
and we waited for the far superior UK edition.

Melissa Proffitt
(who placed her pre-order three weeks ago)