[DWJ] Pratchett Convert

Juliette Curtis juliette at harvestroad.com
Tue Jul 25 21:28:48 EDT 2006

Pratchett's books can be grouped into several series, which occur in
different areas of Discworld and have different sets of characters.
There is the Ankh-Morpork City Watch series, the Wizard series,  the
Lancre/Witches series, and several stand-alones or parodies of real
world scenarios. (NB those are my own names of the series, not
Pratchett's.) Also, the earlier books are much more convention and much
less interesting than the later ones. I reread the later ones constantly
but have not bothered with the early ones for many years.

I recommend starting with the City Watch series because they show so
much about the city and its residents, and many of the later books are
difficult to follow if you don't know about the city. That series is:
Guards! Guards!
Men at Arms
Jingo
Feet of Clay
The Fifth Elephant
Night Watch
Thud! (This is the newest book.)

Death series:
Reaper Man
Reaper Man
Soul Music
Hogfather
Thief of Time

Lancre/Witch series:
Wyrd Sisters
Witches Abroad
Lords and Ladies
Maskerade
Carpe Jugulum
Wee Free Men
Hat Full of Sky
Wintersmith (not published yet)

There are other titles I have not mentionned but this should keep you
going for a while   :-)

Juliette