[DWJ] Reports of DWJ's demise....

Elizabeth Bentley elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com
Tue Jul 25 17:06:17 EDT 2006

On 25/7/06 01:01, "Judith Ridge" <Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au> wrote:

>> By the way, did anyone else see that DWJ had a letter printed in the
>> Independent re her reported demise?
>>
>> Thanks,
>

> What day was that, Elizabeth? I'm trying to find it on the website.

Independent on Sunday.

"The implication of your article "The lottery of children's fiction" (19
July) is that I am dead. I am not. I am not using a ouija board. I am using
a solid computer with living fingers. Also not dead are Alan Garner, Peter
Dickinson, Susan Cooper and Lloyd Alexander. Along with myself they are
still writing. The only dead person on the list in Tim Martin's article is
Joan Aiken."

EB
Elizabeth Bentley, Head of Learning Resources
Northbrook C of E School, London, UK
mailto:elizabeth at wardrobe-on-the-web.com