[DWJ] A revelation of Time City

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Jul 22 04:58:22 EDT 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Elizabeth Parks wrote:

> Or it could be like the introduction to _The Awakening_, by Kate
> Chopin, which gives away the ending in the first paragraph.
> Assuming, I suppose, that it was literary enough not to matter?

Or that the teacher who ordered one to read it will have already done
the same.

The introductions in editions of classic works of literature are not
aimed at those (strange people!) who are reading the thing for
pleasure, and it is generally a good idea to read them after the rest
of the book if at all.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."