[DWJ] Re: TdVC

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 21 05:10:38 EDT 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Jon Noble wrote:

> When in the Louvre looking at That
> Painting I was completely overcome by the urge to say,
> in a reasonably load voice, "Oh yes! its so obvious
> now, I can see that Jesus went to the south of France
> with Mary and founded the Merovingian dynasty, it's
> all quite clear when you actually see the painting"

For some reason, this reminds me of a newspaper column I came across
recently online, written by a (so I gather) reasonably well-known and
respected columnist shortly before he went in for brain surgery to
control his Parkinson's.

Part of it was a reflection on his and others' reactions to the idea
of having brain surgery, but part of it was about him trying to decide
what should be the first thing he should say upon waking up afterwards.

At the end was an Editor's Note: 'surgery took place on July 12 and
went fine. His first words were, "Well, of course, when you cut taxes,
government revenues go up. Why couldn't I see that before?"'

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."