[DWJ] Turntables of the Night (was: RE: Insomnia)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Jul 20 13:19:48 EDT 2006

On Jul 20, 2006, at 10:51 AM, Charles Butler wrote:

>   And what are we going to call the Mediterranean itself?

We're going to keep calling it the Mediterranean because
[a] it's been called that for two millennia and [b] very few
people know whence the name derives.

Just like we're going to keep calling America America
even though the name is result of an accidental blip
in the history of its exploration which was fortuitously
picked up by a mapmaker.

If at first the idea is not absurd, then there
is no hope for it.

                                          - A. Einstein