[DWJ] Upon Cardigans

Aimee Smith aimees001 at netspace.net.au
Thu Jul 20 07:17:47 EDT 2006

Woohoo, this one is actually a DWJ-themed post!

Been offline for a few weeks, what with the end of semester one and
my uni email service running out from last year. But i just *had* to
write in and mention a certain DWJ experience I had!

I had to castrate a cardigan.

I think it was meant to be a knitted flower. It *looked* like... a
blatant DWJ reference. It was actually a nice cardigan, so what with
the OBDWJ I bought it, took it home and showed a friend, who
immediately got the joke. I don't think the lady in the cafe that
evening did though... well, I guess it's not every day you hear a
girl announce to her friends that she's castrated a cardigan... I
pinned it to Kathleen's wall as a sort of trophy. I wonder if she
could post a photo? If not, a description: three oval dollops in the
centre, wrapped in three small floppy 'petals' with oversized woolen
tassels dangling down from it.  It was either a DWJ reference or a
baby triffid (Only that's what lettuce cores look like, isn't it?).

:D

Aimee (who really wants to know the secret book Gili wants to
translate!)