[DWJ] Insomnia

hallieod at indigo.ie hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Jul 19 04:16:13 EDT 2006

Hi Gili,

Hey - I'm taking the MA in Children's Lit with Roehampton too!  It's the
distance learning option and starting in September, but would be cool if
you end up in London for it.  (I have been known to visit the UK just
occasionally of late...)

Have to say that that pop-psychology article sounds pretty dodgy though.
Someone suffering from clinical depression is extremely unlikely to be
thinking more realistically than someone not.  (My personal experience with
depression is only second-hand, but it's as close second-hand as you can
get.)  On the other hand, someone feeling totally overwhelmed, unable to
see a way to prioritize and cut down some of the work, on the verge of
burn-out?  That sounds a terribly realistic assessment. Chances are pretty
high that if you don't listen to your body now, it'll *force* you to listen.

End of unasked-for (but concerned) advice.  Enjoy the TP interview!

Hallie