[DWJ] A revelation of Time City

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Jul 17 21:38:59 EDT 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Otter Perry wrote:
|Hmm.  Well, I assume that person has since been murdered.  It's
|like telling you whodunnit in _The Murder of Roger Ackroyd_.  I
|was quite impressed by the public reticence on the major twist
|in _The Sixth Sense_.  I was able to see the movie long after it
|opened without having had it ruined for me.  That said, I should
|remark I once talked to someone who had been told the twist
|the first time she heard about it.  So not all the public is reticent.

I finally read Half Blood Prince last month but had managed not
to be spoiled for the ending until April. It had gotten to the
point where I was so shocked that I hadn't been spoiled for the
ending that I was putting off reading the book until I was. For
me to explain how ridiculous it was that I went, what, nine
months after the book came out without being spoiled for the
ending, I need to give you some context. I spend my life around:
-- geeks
-- Internet fandom, and
-- librarians

There aren't too many DWJ books that I think have major spoilers
that change the way you read the book the first time. Archer's
Goon, definitely, but with the various mysteries  I don't know if
it would bother me as much. Hexwood, I guess. Castle in the Air.

-deborah
--
In plain then, what forbids he but to know,
Forbids us good, forbids us to be wise?   -- Paradise Lost