[DWJ] negativity (was A revelation of Time City)

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Mon Jul 17 11:40:40 EDT 2006

Minnow, quoting DWJ:

> She herself has been known to say, "We bettn't had!" instead of "We'd
> better not" or "We hadn't better".  :-)

She works that into one of her books, but I cannot remember which one.
Someone is re-emphasising a warning (and I think the warning was
intended as a threat).  I noticed it at the time because I'm sure I
encountered and/or used that form as a child, but I don't think I've
seen it written anywhere else.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432